Monday, May 21, 2012

Framelits & Hero Arts Stamps Card Tutorial


Hello, it's Tiffany from the Design Team here to share a fun & easy tutorial with you!
To begin, but a card base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (Bazzill Card Shoppe Robin's Egg) and a card front 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" (Bazzill Card Shoppe Marshmallow) from solid color cardstock. Next, stamp all those pretty images on the card front. I chose pigment ink for a more opaque look! I stamped the birdie in black to match the sentiment.
Then, you place the coordinating framelits die face-down on top of the stamped image and run it through your embossing machine. I used the following sandwich from the bottom up: cutting platform, solo shim, solo thin die adapter, cutting plate, card front, framelits die, cutting plate.

Now, you re-stamp the image onto your card base through the window you die-cut ensuring that everything lines up correctly. *If you're like me, it probably almost never lines up so.... I have a FUN TIP!

Take a smaller square of cardstock that matches your card base and stamp your image. (I used different materials to focus on the tip.)
Then, adhere the square behind your card front before adhering it to the card base! EASY PEASY :)
Now, you can embellish any which way you desire! I used some matching buttons and followed "the rule of thirds" to balance out my clean and graphic card.

Thanks so much for looking & I hope you'll try this at home,

InLinkz.com
additional supplies: Stamps for your sentiment OR you can print your sentiment onto the card front using your computer; various circle embellishments
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Love,love the colors and bird. I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What a fun, colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! Thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...