Monday, May 7, 2012

eclips Gift Box

Hi everyone! Jeanne here today with a cute little gift box made with the eclips. 

I rarely made boxes before I got my eclips because I never seemed to be able to get the cuts and scoring just right (think lopsided boxes). Now I love to make boxes! 


I used my eclips and 656856 Albums Bags & Boxes and 656153 Flowers & Phrases cartridges to create my box.

I set the eclips to the Interlocking Box at 11" and cut the patterned paper (Basic Grey) with the 656856 Albums, Bags & Boxes cartridge. Once cut the box is scored and ready to decorate and assemble.

 The edges sponged with Ranger Distress Vintage Photo ink.

 I then took a look at the assembly instructions included in the cartridge booklet (gotta love that!).

I started assembly. No tape needed for this project, it all interlocks.

 Assembled box

I then added some sheer ribbon and tied a knot at the top.

This box would be pretty with a fancy bow, but I decided I wanted a flower on top. I used the 656153 Flowers and Phrases cartridge and chose the 6 Petal Layers Flowers and then cut 2 each of the pink petals at 2.66", 2.16", 1.66", 1.16" and .66". I cut 2 of the same petals at 2.91" for the leaves from green cardstock.

 I sponged the edges of the pink petals with Victorian Velvet Ranger Distress ink.

Then I shaped my petals with a stylus and foam pad (you can use a mouse pad).  By making small circles onto the cardstock you break up the paper fibers a bit which causes it to stretch and curl. Keep shaping your petals until you like them.

Assemble your flower by stacking your petals largest to smallest alternating your petals so they don't line up. If you want an extra dimensional flower you can add foam tape between the layers. I chose to use Aleene's Tacky glue. I added a red rhinestone to the center of my flower.

When you are finished assembling attach to your box with foam tape on either side of the interlocking area on top of the box. That way the flower can be removed easily when the box is opened and reused for another project. 


InLinkz.com
misc. supplies: Pattern paper: BasicGrey Blush Collection; Foam pad or mouse pad; rihinestone
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, YES! The Sizzix Eclips' scoring ability makes my work look very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Jeanne...absolutely amazing! Looks just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jeanne- love the flower :-)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...