Friday, April 27, 2012

If friends were flowers. . .

If friends were flowers....

Hi everyone! My name is Trisha Ladouceur and it's my first post here on the Sizzix blog and let me say how happy I am to be a part of this team! My fellow designers have blown me away with their talent!

I have been a long time fan of all things Sizzix but have recently fallen in LOVE with the Vagabond! I have been "old school" for many years and had no problems turning a handle on my die cut machine to cut just about any material I needed. That was until I began kitting HUNDREDS of kits for some upcoming classes in Australia and New Zealand. It was time for an upgrade or I was sure to have arms like the Incredible Hulk! In order to accomplish this mammoth task, it was time to make the leap and the Vagabond did an amazing job!

For todays post, I thought I would share a project that I created this week that showcases some of the many materials I have been able to cut with ease. With the mass quantities I have been running through it, it has saved me a plethora of time and energy for which I will always be thankful! I hate to say it but I may never turn a handle again!

I started with the Prima Buid-A-Book. This particular page is a heavyweight chipboard laminated with canvas on both sides. Using the Tim Holtz Ornamental die, I centered it on the page and ran it through the machine/ I also cut a piece of Authentique heavyweight textured paper at the same time so it was positioned just where I wanted it. The easiest way to do this is simply tack it in place with a single glue dot right in the center of the paper.


You will notice in the picture above, you can see the backside of the page and how the paper was positioned. Another reason for using only one glue dot is so that I can easily remove the paper and sandwich a piece of plastic in between the canvas covered chipboard and paper. In this particular case, I used an old piece of Prima packaging as it had the beautiful text pattern printed right on it. It made a gorgeous window effect when I glued the 3 pieces together, don't you think? I have done this technique often and LOVE the variations you can get depending on what you cut and then pair it with. Try vellum, tissue paper, etc. The options are endless!

I was left with the cut out piece that I couldn't bare to waste so I simply punched a few holes in it with my Crop-A-Dile and incorporated it as a filler page for my mini album. It was the perfect size for adding a little pocket with some hidden journaling!

This album was titled "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you) so of course I had to combine the wonderful Tattered Floral die with beautiful tiny Prima flowers for the centers. I even went so far as to create my own little rose using the Tattered Pine Cone die. Tim shared this technique on his blog back during the 12 Tags of Christmas and I have wanted to try it so I finally did and I LOVE how it turned out! I actually managed to do it without the toothpick so that is even better for me as I rarely have then around and when I do, my boys think it's time to play with them and they disappear again! Simply adorable and seeing as I LOVE adding flowers to projects, it's good to know I will never have to hunt for that perfect flower again as I can create my own co-ordinating ones with ease.

If you have the opportunity to try out a Vagabond, give it a shot. I am betting you will love it as much as I! I have literally cut thousands of die cuts this past month and it hasn't slowed time even a little!

Be sure to pop over to my blog as I will have another little project posted as well... you can find me at http://www.trishaladouceur.com/. And while I have your attention, if you are in Australia or New Zealand and fancy a fun filled class, I will be on my Artsy Adventure Tour and will be sharing some more cool tips and tricks for working with many different Sizzix dies in this and other classes. I'd love to see you there! Check out http://www.artsyadventure.blogspot.com/ for more details.

Happy Scrapping!
Trisha
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful design
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album is very very beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mini, love all the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful--flowers are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous minibook! Love the transparent window in the front cover and the gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT little mini. Thanks for sharing! I'm yearning for a Vagabond ... soon!
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...