Saturday, April 7, 2012

I Spy Saturday



Hello everyone!  After a bit of traveling I am back in my normal routine and back to spying fun projects to share with you!  With Easter this weekend and spring flowers in full bloom my mind is on posies, winged things, Easter bonnets, and the soft sweet colors of spring.

I spied thee fabulous cards in the Hero Arts gallery on Flickr.  They were created by Rhea.    I love the way she used Kraft Core cardstock with the Tim Holtz Springtime Background Texture Fade to create a striking background for the Hero Arts Bold Pop Stamp and Die set.  You can read more about the card design on Rhea's blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_694a6c2b0102e236.html

This little project makes me smile.  Not only because it was created by my sweet friend Chelle but also because it is just so happy and sweet and spring-timey.  It combines several of my favorite new dies, the Tim Holtz Bird Branch and Tattered Floral Garland along with roses made from the Tattered Pinecone die, another personal favorite.  You can see more details on this project on Chelle Fowler's blog at: http://apaintergirl.typepad.com/the_many_adventures_of_a_/2012/04/a-sweet-song-bird-upon-a-branch.html.

If you know me, you know I love the vintage shabby style and to me, one of the most amazing paper crafters in the vintage shabby style is Melissa Phillips.  Last week she shared a whole collection of tags that she created that featured flowers she made with the Eileen Hull Fringed Flower die.  I love the way she combined layers of flowers cut from different patterns and materials.  You can see the rest of the tags she created from this set on her blog: http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/lilybeans_paperie/2012/03/fresh-vintage-spring-hop.html.

I spied this project this past week while clicking through a blog hop sponsored by Sizzix Licensed Designer Eileen Hull.  Madeline Arendt was a designer on the hop who shared a fun and creative wearable creation.  Madeline used Eileen's Bow Create-a-Flower die to make a fabric and paper necklace.  You can find all of the details on her blog at: http://madelinesthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/04/designer-craft-connection-monday-april.html.

And finally, what springtime collection would be complete without a fancy Easter bonnet to cap it off?  I spied this card when its creator Vivian Keh shared it in our Sizzix Flickr gallery.  I couldn't wait to take a closer look at the card on her blog!  The card is full of great techniques and embellished with a fun collection of flowers created from assorted Sizzix dies.  I am feeling inspired to find a great old vintage hat  to embellish the same way.  The card and a link to a great tutorial by Vivian is on her blog at: http://contadinak.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/crafty-inspiration-from-the-artist/


I hope you enjoyed this fun springy edition of I Spy Saturday! Don't forget, each week I have been sharing that we are are spying on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and on Flickr as well as surfing around the world wide web looking for your Sizzix creations. You can also share a link with us from your blog or online gallery with the InLinkz button below.



Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Love your I Spy Saturday's Tammy- always look forward to seeing what you have found each week to show us. These are all beautifil- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lot of great finds - looking forward to next Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful projects ~ thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what Beautiful projects i love the wearable's and the ribbon flowers are so supper cool its what I will buy in the near future.
    thanks for sharing.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I sooooo look forward to receiving my I Spy Saturday emails from you and what an amazing, awesome surprise to see my card here!!! Because of you, my Saturday was blessed with one of those jumping up and down OMG OMG moments. Thanks so much. LURVE my BIGZ!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...