Friday, April 6, 2012

Carrot Treat Boxes

Happy Easter!

Need a last minute favor or treat for Easter? These little boxes couldn't be any easier!

For today's project I used the eclips along with the following cartridges: Albums, Bags & Boxes 2, Flower & Phrases and Sweetalicious and Sweet Tooth Alphabet.

I started out with the Sweetalicious and Sweet Tooth Alphabet and cut my "container" from green cardstock. 

This is really a super cute cupcake wrapper, but it worked perfectly lined with a cut down cello bag to hold the Jelly Beans. It would even be cute by itself with a tied cello bag, bow and tag.

For the carrot box I used the Large Triangle Box from the Sizzix eclips Album, Bags & Boxes 2 cartridge. They come out of the eclips beautifully cut, scored and ready to assemble.

All of the Sizzix eclips box designs come with instructions for assembly in the booklet that comes with the cartridge. This makes it so easy!

To make the leaves I used 6 Petal Layered Flower #2 from the Sizzix eclips Flowers & Phrases cartridge. I cut 2 each in 3 sizes for each carrot box. One of my favorite features of the eclips is the ability to make the same die cut in any size I want. You can layer anything in the same color or different colors.

 Imagine the possibilities for flowers and matting. Seriously fun stuff!


Shape the leaves a bit with your fingers.


I layered the leaves and assembled (largest on the bottom) with Tacky Glue.

Add another dab of Tacky Glue and add the leaves to the box. 

Once the glue is dry you can open up your box and fill with goodies.


InLinkz.com
Other supplies: Jelly Beans (from the Easter Bunny!)
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun project Jeanne. I love it!! Now I feel the need to have a Sizzix Eclips machine. ;) It looks like it would be easy to learn to use with the great instruction books you show. Hmmmmm, I might hafta go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne this is so darn cute. I so want one of these machines
    Thanks for sharing sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! Great job Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so clever to combine those things into a carrot! I love the way you create!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...