Monday, March 19, 2012

You Are So Tweet Tag

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a project of my own.  I made this tag for the CHA show in January to feature some of the new Tim Holtz Alterations products.  This tag was a quick one.  I think the design of it could be easily adapted for a card or even layout embellishment.
To begin, I embossed a #8 manila tag with the Stripes Texture Fades folder.  After embossing, I applied Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Walnut Stain Distress Inks to the raised areas of the tag using an ink blending tool.
I cut a bird and branch from Distress Cardstock by Core'dinations with the new Bird Branch  die.  I cut the bird away from the branch.  I sanded the branch and inked the edges of the diecut with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.   I adhered the branch to my tag so that it was vertical.
I cut the bird part of the Bird Branch die cut with blue Core'dinations Distress Cardstock.  I sanded the cardstock to reveal the color core to give the bird some color variation.  I inked the edges of the bird with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I adhered the blue bird to the brown cardstock cut with the branch.  For the bird's belly and beak, I tore a scrap of yellow Distress Cardstock.  I laid the torn scrap on the die so that it covered just the beak and belly.  After cutting the piece with the die, I inked the edges and adhered it to the bird.  I used a black pen to add an eye to the bird.  I adhered the bird on the branch.

I used the Inside Out die to cut the word "Tweet" from manila cardstock.  I separated the inside letter from the border.  I used Distress Ink on an ink blending tool to add color to the two parts of each letter.  I added Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the pieces and reassembled the letters.  I cut a Tattered Banner from a scrap of white cardstock.  I colored it on both sides with an ink blending tool and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then stamped the rest of my phrase with archival ink.

When I adhered the banner to the tag, I placed the end of the banner under the branch.  I curled the end so that it added some dimension to the tag.  The effect reminded me of a piece of ribbon blowing in the wind and getting caught on a branch.

My favorite part of this tag is that it illustrates how easily you can use just the bird or the branch.  I love a great bird die and a great branch.  This one die gives me both!  It has quickly become one of my favorite dies!


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous tag, Tammy! I always like anything with a bird on it! This is a great showcase for the new dies! Thanks very much!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Tammy!! Great ideas - thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this tag is so amazing...so creative and fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy -

    This is so darn sweet! I love how it turned out.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing tag!!! Just love it. Trying to use my Sizzix, cricut and stamps to create more tags and cards myself. Not use to using more then one medium and it is usually stamps. But am trying, lol. Great job on this one Steph. ekciampo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious as can be!!! I have this die on the way, I can't wait! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your tags!!! Just curious, what do you do with the tags you make?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this tag, Tammy! You did an excellent job with the details on the bird. Can't wait to get my hands on that die!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...