Friday, March 2, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Decor

Our guest on the blog today is Hilary Kanwisher, who is sharing a details about a fun St. Patrick's themed project.  Welcome Hilary!

I love making paper rosettes, but they can be time consuming to create. When I saw the Mini Rosettes die, I knew I had to have it because it makes creating paper rosettes so easy and fun to do. 
You can create 2 different size rosettes with one die, so that when layered, they add even more depth to your projects.  I cut out several rosettes from different papers, adhered the ends together with a bit of hot glue, distressed them with distressing ink, then glued them down onto a small piece of square cardstock! It's that easy! 

For my wall-hanging, I adhered pattern paper, a bingo card, a small vintage image (downloaded from the internet), a white picket fence and handmade crepe paper fringe (see my tutorial HERE), to a piece of heavyweight chipboard that measures approximately 5" x 6".  I then positioned a bunch of the rosettes together to create a unique look. 
After I had my project assembled, I adhered two bows to the corners, a gold pipe cleaner for a hanger, then lightly sprayed the entire surface with adhesive and sprinkled on glitter to create a more vintage feel.
For the 4 leaf clover project, I cut 8 hearts from the mini heart die.  I adhered four pipe cleaners to the front of a gold pipe cleaner and four to the back.  Adding the hearts to both sides of the pipe cleaner helped to create depth.  I cut more more paper rosettes, assembled and adhered them to the center of the hearts using hot glue. I glued the pipe cleaner the inside a wooden spool decorated with pattern paper.  I added a small piece of wooden picket fence for decoration.
For the tag, I used the mini-tags die to cut a tag from white cardstock.  I dipped the tag into walnut ink.  When the tag was dry I stamped my sentiment on it and tied it to the "stem" with twine.
Thank you Hilary for sharing with us today!
You can find more of Hilary's fun projects on her blog: http://www.hilaryscraps.typepad.com/


misc. supplies: 
pattern paper: Making Memories Chloe's Closet; cardstock: Paper Trey Ink; vintage image: thevintageworkshop.com; ribbon: May Arts; crepe paper; gold pipe cleaner; wooden spool; wooden mini fence; glitter
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic-I love St.Patrick's day and I have this die.Thank you for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever, cute and really creative!!! Just love what u did. I too have that die and love it. Made at least four gallon size zip locks with rosettes. Fun, fun fun. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project Hilary - I have been a long time admirer of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece! How sweet it is, and so green, just what we need after the gray days! Great work!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project is just beautiful- congrats Hilary!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...