Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Card and Tag Inspiration

Today we are featuring two projects fun spring themed projects from guest blogger Jan Hobbins.
Welcome Jan!

I made this tag with the Tim Holtz Tag Tag and Bookplate die and glossy paper.  I used Tim Holtz Springtime Border Texture Fade set to add embossed images on the tag.  I used the butterfly border three times at different widths on the edge of my tag.  I used the grass along the bottom edge of the tag.  After I finished embossing, I lightly sanded the raised areas.  

I inked the butterflies and around that area with Spun Sugar and Milled Lavender Distress Inks.  The areas that have been sanded take on more ink making the sanded areas darker, highlighting the butterflies.  I inked the grass and background with various colors of green Distress Inks (Evergreen Bough, Bundled Sage, Pine Needles and Iced Spruce).  When inking, I go back and forth using the different colors, using my foam squares.  

I cut out the purple butterflies with the Tim Holtz On the Edge Butterflight die using WRMK's Cotton Tail paper. I added a strip of We R Memory Keepers Cotton Tail English Garden die cut paper over the solid edge of the Butterflight die cut using pop dots.  The patterned paper and book paper butterflies were cut with the  Movers & Shapers Mini Butterflies and On the Edge Butterfly dies.   I backed my tag with pattern paper and added the word "spring" with letters from Authentique. 

I used the center part of the We R Memory Keepers Cotton Tail English Garden diecut paper to create this card.  Using glue and sookwang tape, I added glitter around the edges.  

The pink label was cut out with the  Tim Holz Hanging Sign die and embellished with Cotton Tail rub-ons.  I adhered the label on green cardstock and hand cut around the label leaving a thin border.  

The flowers and swirls were made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone (with glass glitter glued on the edges), Vintage Lace (the small accordion flower), and the Festive Greenery strip dies.  I hand cut the layered flower with the large brad from the Bunny Trail paper.  I applied the egg and bunny rub-ons on white cardstock and cut them out.  I adhered them to the card with pop dots.


Thank you Jan for sharing these fun projects with us today!
You can visit Jan's blog at http://janhobbins.blogspot.com/ for more tons of great inspiration!



Misc: Craft & Glitz iridescent glitter; Glass Glitter; My Mind's Eye brads; Bazzill cardstock
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. i loved the butterflies you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan you stuff is amazing! Great job and congrats on being the guest blogger!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...