Saturday, March 10, 2012

I Spy Saturday

Here we are at Saturday again!  I hope you are ready for some really fun Sizzix inspiration to give your weekend creative time a jump start! 

First up today, a fun card featuring Karen Burniston's Three Tier 3D Cake pop-up die.  I know, I have spied and shared other cards already that feature this die, but it amazes me so much, that I can't help but share it.  This card is by Louise Charlton and is on her blog at http://www.louisech.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-30th-birthday-bobbie.html .

Tammy Roberts calls her blog Paperie Sweetness, which is such a fitting name.  Everything she creates is just so soft and pretty and sweet.  This tag that she shared this week reminded me how cool felt pieces are when die cut with Sizzix dies.  You can learn more about this tag on her blog at: http://paperiesweetness.blogspot.com/2012/03/tags-and-more.html

I spied this book by Loredana Bucaria in the gallery at Two Peas in a Bucket.  I immediately had add 
this embossing folder to my personal wish list (Textured Impressions Clocks and Print Blocks Set).  Loredana is also a design team member for Sizzix UK.  You can check out more of her creations on their blog here: http://www.sizzix.co.uk/blogs/?id=4f4530d302f399494100004c and on her personal blog here: http://lovescraplife.typepad.com/.

Linda Cain is a fabulous artist and teacher, and in my opinion one of the best at embossing and coloring metal.  I truly marvel at the pieces like this one that she creates.  This project is an older one that popped up on our Pinterest feed this week and it reminded me all over again how amazing the combination of alcohol inks, foils, and embossing folders are.  You can see more of this project on Linda's blog here: http://cain81art.blogspot.com/2011/08/cabinet-cards-from-kansas.html.

Finally today, I have to share this glimpse of a project by Shelly Hickox.  The whole project is stunning and something you really must take a peek at.  What I particularly love about this project is that it illustrates nesting pieces using the Movers & Shapers dies.  I tend to use them to cut single elements or to cut out a silhouette of a shape out of a larger piece.  I love that Shelly fits the cut out shape right back in the larger pieces, like a jigsaw puzzle.  Check out the rest of the project on Shelly's blog here: http://shellyhickox.blogspot.com/2012/02/amelia-earhart-travel-log.html.

Each week I have been sharing that we are are spying on PinterestFacebookTwitter, and on Flickr as well as surfing around the world wide web looking for your Sizzix creations.  This we are adding another fun and easy way for you to show us what you've got. . . InLinkz!  You can now submit a link to your favorite Sizzix projects and share them here for us and other Sizzix fans to see!


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I've been loving Karen Burniston's pop ups, too. So fun!! I'm going to take the plunge & try them when her new Pop N Cuts come out this spring! http://youtu.be/rjqIOoknZGc

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, these projects are simply incredible!! I've posted one of my most favorite projects ... but I use Sizzix products every single day in my craft room! I wouldn't be without my machine and all my dies!! Thanks for the chance to show off a little!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great projects - I am really liking your I Spy Saturday posts. Playing along and posting my project cut on my Sizzix eclips (which I LOVE)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the opportunity to share! All projects are so inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...