Wednesday, March 7, 2012

For You Tag

I have a serious love all things vintage, shabby, and distressed.  The first time I used Core'dinations' Tim Holtz  Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection cardstock I was certain that it had been made just for me and my shabby loving ways.  Combine it with an embossing folder and a sanding block, and you have distressed perfection.
To create this tag, I first cut a tag from Kraft-Core No. 14 using the Tag & Bookplates die.  I embossed the tag using the Regal Flourish from the Damask & Regal Flourish Texture Fade set.
After sanding the raised portion of the tag, I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink lightly to the sanded areas and tag edges.  Next, I spread Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint over the surface of the tag.  I used a craft scraper to skim across the tag, in the process, scraping the crackle off of the raised areas, leaving it just in the recessed areas.  (This is similar to the technique I shared on my blog previously: http://tammytutterow.typepad.com/tammy_tutterow/2011/11/tuesday-tutorial-frosty-deboss.html)
To embellish the top of the tag, I cut a second piece of cardstock (Kraft-Core No. 10) using only the top portion of the tag die.  I embossed the partial tag using one of the Texture Trades from the French Connection set.  I sanded the embossed area and tore the bottom edge of the partial tag.  I inked the partial tag and adhered it to the top of the base tag.  I cut a piece of paper lace using the Vintage Lace die from Kraft-Core No. 1.  I adhered the lace in place under the tag topper so that it peeked out from under the torn and curled edge.  I added machine stitching along the sides and top of the topper.
Along the bottom edge of the tag, I added a second piece of paper lace.  As with the other pieces, I inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  After adhering it in place, I added a zig zag stitch with my sewing machine.
To embellish the tag, I made three rolled roses (Kraft-Core No. 2 and No. 6) using the Tattered Pinecone die along with greenery (Kraft-Core No. 11) from the Festive Greenery die.  Both the flowers and and greenery were sanded and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
After adhering the flowers and greenery to the tag, I added a memo pin with a small banner tucked into it to include a sentiment.  To create the banner, I used a scrap of one of the other colors, inking and stamping on the back side which is smooth.

If you love Kraft-Core as much as I do, be sure to check out the new Sizzix Cut & Emboss Collection cardstock stacks by Core'dinations.  They are sized perfectly for die cutting and embossing and includes 3 sheets of each color per stack.  The stacks are available in the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic and Distress collections.

Pin It!

26 comments:

  1. Tammy -

    This is stunning! And so you - LOL! What a gorgeous tag, thank you for sharing with us.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. super yummy! Love the crackle paint in the recesses...extra distressed! This is my go to paper at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Can't wait to play with my kraft core...thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tag! Beautiful flowers and I love all the details! Fab Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so beautiful and lovely colors!
    Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tag, and I want some of this paper - NOW!! Thanks for showing us this great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tags and I especially love this one Tammy! Thanks so much for sharing the steps - I am whipping out my supplies right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible! Love the way it looks like antique wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, I love those flowers and texture of the tag is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Tag! And for once...i have all the required supplies!! Thanks so much for sharing your creations....each one is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this tag is amazing!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous Tammy!!!! Your pinecone roses are simply stunning out of the Kraft-Core. Wow gotta try this.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many great idea on this little tag! Love the stitching on the lace trim and love the little peeks of it too. Really pretty, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your ideas Tammy! Such a pretty little tag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tag as always! ;) I love the addition of the roses. TFS

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just fantastic and so romantic at the same time. Loving those roses...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous tag!!! Love how you sewed that embossed piece at the top... great addition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this tag is gorgeous! I love kraft core paper too. The Rock Candy crackle adds such nice sparkle and I love those flowers that you made. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tammy, this tag is just beautiful. The Sizzix-Tim Holtz texture fade folders are my favorites and this tag really showcases the great detail and depth of emboss! Thanks for sharing your techniques... as usual your attention to detail is meticulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the shine you achieved with the clear Rock Candy! It creates such a nice contrast to the raised areas.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...