Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Imagine Card featuring the Butterflight On The Edge Die

Today we are sharing a card from the very talented Richele Christensen featuring the Tim Holtz Alterations Butterflight On the Edge Die and Cor'dinations Kraft Core Cardstock.  We recently announced that we have partnered with Core'dinations to offer their cardstock in collection pads sized perfectly for die cutting with our dies.
1.  Score and fold Purple Kraft Core piece in half to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
2.  Die cut Butterflies from light pink and purple with the cardstock face down and the hot pink face up.
3.  Carefully sand the edge of the card and the Butterflies with a Sanding Grip.
4.  Shape some of the butterflies so the wings curve up. Adhere the light Pink Butterflies to the card first, then the hot Pink and then the Purple. When adhering the Butterfly strips be careful not to glue all the butterflies down.
5. Tie jute around card.
6.  Paint Philosophy tag with Snow Cap Paint Dabber. Make sure the paint gets into the recessed word. Wipe off excess paint. The paint should only stay in the word.
7.  Add Philosophy tag to jute with jump ring. Tie a bow.

Thanks to Richele for sharing her fun card and instructions with us!  You can find Richele's blog at http://californiaartgirl.blogspot.com/.



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy -

    Richele did such a wonderful job on this card. I love the use of Tim's On The Edge Dies. And I love the texture that the Cor'dinations papers give the card. Really sweet looking card.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tammy, I love this card by Richele, it is a great use for the on the edge die. I must admit I had not thought to do this with it so thanks for the ideas and inspiration, as always. Regards, Anne Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the instructions - the step-by-step - explanation of how to do this card. Wish other cards or layouts that were featured on here gave these sort of instructions. Thnaks and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! sorry.. not in all the post i like the work...but this is very very impresive! simple maybe... but wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how easy this card is and yet very beautiful. I want the butterfly on the edge die so badly, but my lss where I could use a coupon does not have it. I am just going to have to order it. Now I am running into the problem that some of the online sights that I use do not have it in stock. When I find it I am grabbing. Thanks for the great step by step instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for showing this die in action! Your card is amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very talented she certainly is!!! Love this cool layered color look!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...