Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Spy Saturday







Welcome to "I Spy Saturday"!  This post is the first in a new regular series where we will be sharing fun projects featuring Sizzix products that we have spotted around the web.  We are spying on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and on Flickr as well as surfing around the world wide web.  We would love to spy your art too!  You can help us find you by mentioning Sizzix in your tagging, supplies, keywords, hashtags, pin descriptions, etc.  We hope you will enjoy this new feature and that it will give you some great weekend inspiration!

----

This week I clearly had Valentine's Day hearts and flowers on the brain while spying.


I spotted this fun little ATC by Anita Houston on Twitter.  I love the tutorial she shared detailing how she created the ATC along with a great die cutting tip for getting the most of your materials.  I am sure you can guess that she used the Mini Sewing Room Movers & Shapers Dies, but can you guess which die the wings are?  You can find her tutorial here: http://theartfulmaven.blogspot.com/2012/02/fresh-breath-atc-gift.html .




I spied this wonderful decorated canvas by Shelly Hickox on Facebook.   I love the  way Shelly used the Tim Holtz Vintage Cabinet Cards Moveers & Shapers Die to create a frame for the centerpiece of her project.  You can learn more about this project on her blog: http://shellyhickox.blogspot.com/2012/02/forevermore.html.

I spied this super cute iPhone case on Pinterest and fell in love instantly with it!  It was created by Sarah Youde.  I really enjoyed spending time on Sarah's blog.  She blogs about several different types of crafts and shares lots of great ideas and tutorials.  Learn more about this cute iPod cover here: http://www.sarahyoude.com/2011/08/pretty-little-iphone-cover.html .

Gretchen Schmidt is a lucky girl!  She has the pleasure of not only being friends with the fabulous Karen Burniston, but she also lives near Karen and gets to play with all of Karen's new dies including the super fun and much anticipated Pop 'n Cuts dies.  I spied this card on her blog and it is so fun both inside and out!  Be sure and read how Gretchen made the heart in the center float!  Gretchen's post about this card is here: http://gscrapbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/youre-my-stud-muffin-card-featuring-pop.html.

This romantic Valentine is by Gill Watson who is a member of our Flickr group.  I love looking through Gill's Flickr gallery and seeing all of her creations.  If you visit her gallery, you must check her bobbin sewing book, it totally has inspired me to make one too!

Many thanks to these wonderfully talented ladies for sharing their work with us all and for using Sizzix products!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I love to be spied upon!!! Love all of these other projects as well...beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermosos proyectos!! Me encanta la nueva imagen del blog y las nuevas secciones!! Y como siempre, amo Sizzix ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to you all your creations are beautiful, I would really like to have the chance to be spied on, may be next time. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for including my canvas! I love seeing all the possibilities with these fantastic dies - very inspiring work, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin the spying ! Look forward to seeing all the spied projects in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea!! Another fun way to get inspiration and maybe make some new friends along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh thank you for including my iPhone cover :) I love the idea of 'I Spy', we can all pop on your blog on a Saturday for a quick inspiration fix!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...