Friday, February 24, 2012

Butterfly Button Jar

Today we welcome guest designer Jeanne Streiff.  Jeanne is sharing a fun idea for dressing up a simple jar.
Welcome Jeanne!

I keep my buttons in an assortment of jars by color. I started playing around today with one of my jars and I thought I’d show you what I came up with. Amazing what you can do with a little tissue, a strip of drawer liner and a pretty butterfly stamp.



I cut my flower parts (Sizzix Bigz 657116 3-D Wrapped Flower) with from plain white tissue paper. I cut four layers of each size and then colored them quickly with Touch Twin markers (YR24, Y35)



I assembled the flowers parts with Flower Soft glue.

I stacked and adhered the assembled layers together.

I stamped and colored the butterfly (655889 Hero Arts/ Sizzix Framelits Butterflies 3) with Touch Twin markers and cut it out with the matching Framelits Die. I added some Diamond Stickles for a little bling on the wings.  I added a band of white shelf liner around a jar and adhered the butterfly and flower to the band.
-----

Thank you Jeanne for sharing with us today!  You can visit Jeanne's blog at http://inkypaws.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ for more great inspiration.




InLinkz.com
misc: tissue paper, shelf liner, and jar
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful project- love tissue paper for flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project- the tissue paper works very well with the die.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...