Monday, November 1, 2010

My eclips saved the day!

Picture this....it's 8:30 at night and I get a text message from my 17 year old daughter. (She's been at school ALL day and didn't get home until 11:30 that night due to school, ROP then ASB duties setting up for the Homecoming festivities.)

The text: Mom, Are you busy?

Wow! What a loaded question! Well, honestly, I was watching TV, trying to relax, so, I guess I wasn't 'busy'.


I answered: Why? What do you need?
(I'm such a nice mom!) ;)

Kirstin's reply: I have to get little things for 6 teachers. Could you print out little notes like "Thanks for all your hard work, Love ASB" And I'll buy candy bars.

My reply: Ok.

Her reply: thank you!!!!

Well, gee. I jumped up and got to work. Luckily, I have my handy dandy eclips machine to save the day! (Please forgive the pics...they were taken with my phone!) :)

I started by printing out the "Thank You" message. Luckily I have some handy dandy digital stamps to grab from! ;)

I then added the printed cardstock to my eclips mat and put it on Center Point. And cut out the printed circles using the PIP Circle. (This shape is on every cartridge!)


I then added teal cardstock to my mat and chose the PIP scalloped circle. (This shape is on every cartridge!) :) Since my white circles were 2.5 inches, I made the scalloped circles 2.75 inches. I also chose FILL.

I love how the eclips figures out for me how many to do on the page. I'm horrible in math, so I'm very thankful for this feature! ;)

I then added the circles together. Easy, peasy! :)

Once the candy bars arrived, (yes, at 11:30pm!) I simply wrapped a teal piece of cardstock around the bars and added the scalloped circles.

Now, yes, it's true, I only needed to make six 'notes'. But, I'm the type that always makes more, because you just know another child will forget, so I don't want anyone to feel left out. ;)

It was nice to feel like 'Super Mom' even if it was just for a few moments. ;)

Just another reason why I {love} my eclips!

Happy Crafting!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Sizzix.com
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. they turned out great! I love the color you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    Love what you did. You're right- you are a good mom :-) Am loving my eclips too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I'm waiting for my eclips to come! I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...