Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An Eclectic Mish-mash of Styles

When Debi shared with me this card, the first word that came to mind was, "STUNNING!" Here it is, in her own words.....

It was such a joy to create this card for a co-worker and friend of mine for
the top of her wedding gift. It's an eclectic mish-mash of styles and
techniques as I tried to capture her vision for her wedding day.




Using foil-covered chipboard, die-cut the Keyhole then apply the Texture
Folder to the entire shape. I covered the shape with acrylic paint and then
lightly wiped it off to reveal the silver underneath. The Lilac flowers were
cut from various shades of purple and pale green. I randomly,(of course!),
water-colored the Lilacs using my ink pads, brush and a dish of water.
Everything was assembled on a patchwork of paper. Little bits of lace and
pearls, as well as a Flourish Swirl, added details to the card. The word
"love" came from the Hope & Strength eclips cartridge. So nice to be able to
select the size of the sentiment that I need. I used glitter glue to give
it that extra sparkle.

So, let's see now if I hit that eclectic blend...foil, paper, paint,
watercolors, trim, pearls and glitter mixed with
Bigz dies
#656562

#656632

#656560

Original die
#655402

Texture Impression
#656796

eclips Cartridge
#656889

Kind of like homemade soup :)! Enjoy! Debi


Debi! Wowsers! Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

Happy Crafting!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Sizzix
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I WOULD LOVE TO RECEIVE THIS CARD. BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...