Thursday, September 2, 2010

Valentine's Day Home Décor Banner

{February 2, 2010 }


by Kim Roberto

Hi to all of my Sizzix Friends,

My name is Kim Roberto, and I am the founder and co-product designer of Scrappy Cat. I have been so excited about sharing our products and ideas with all of you. My husband, Chris – our creative director and graphic designer – has been very busy creating new designs for you to enjoy through the Sizzix product line! Below is a project I created for you to use as a home décor item to celebrate Valentine's Day. I am hoping that through this blog you can get to know me better and I can get to know you, our Sizzix friends. To give you a little history, I have a professional business, marketing and communications background as well as television experience on QVC and Shop at Home. My passion is creating exciting products! My hope for you is that our Sizzix/Scrappy Cat products can bring a piece of happiness into your home. I would love to hear back from you. Feel free to send me an email at scrappycat3@aol.com. Let me know how you're using our Sizzix products, or just send me a note to say hi. Welcome to my section of the Sizzix Blog – I am so glad you are here!

Hugs,

Kim (aka, Scrappy Cat :-)

Created by Kim Roberto, founder, Scrappy Cat

Materials Needed:

Scrappy Cat Sizzix Dies

Scrappy Cat Clear Stamps

  • Bloom SCR1017
  • Designer Flourishes SCR503
  • Pretty Blooms SCR522

Scrappy Cat Pigment Ink Pads

  • Hot Pink Lipstick SCR5000
  • Candy Shop Blue SCR5008
  • Pineapple SCR5011
  • Spearmint Green SCR5019
  • Orange Fizz SCR5013

Scrappy Cat Patterned Paper

  • Strawberry Flourish SCR630
  • Kids Playroom SCR635
  • Scrappy Cat Cardstock, 8x8 paper pad SCR3100

Other Materials

  • Darice Brand Rhinestone Gems, Various Colors
  • Darice Brand Pink Silk Ribbon 5/8"
  • Darice Brand Brads, Various Colors

Instructions:

  1. Using the Bigz Lace Heart Frame by Scrappy Cat, cut out the hearts for the solid-colored cardstock. Put aside for stamping.
  2. Using the Bigz Sweet Treat Hearts by Scrappy Cat, cut out two hearts. For the first heart, use the Strawberry Flourish patterned paper. For the second heart, use the Kids Playroom patterned paper.
  3. Using the Scrappy Cat pigment ink pads, distress all of the heart shapes with coordinating colors.
  4. Using the example of the project, stamp the flowers and flourishes with the ink colors shown. Add rhinestones.
  5. Attach the silk pink ribbon on each heart so it can be hung.
  6. Using Darice brads, attach all of the hearts together in a chain.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...