Thursday, September 2, 2010

Valentine Hugs and Kisses

{February 5, 2010 }


by Brenda Pinnick

Red ... the color of passion and love!

In my last post, I showed one of my favorite dies hard at work for the winter holidays. Well, it's still winter here, and I thought I'd show it again, only this time for Valentine's Day. Actually, I demonstrated this project while at CHA and saved the final embellishment steps for this blog post. I LOVE layering, don't you? It's a great way to add dimension to any project. This is why I designed my Ornate Frame and its companion die, Ornate Frame Back to work in tandem or as separate design elements.

For the base pieces, I used a beautiful red mat board. I also used the following: torn strips of recycled men's shirts, buttons, bits of lace, metal wire, glitter, newspaper, Grafix brand metallic and prismatic papers, bits of scrap papers, rhinestones and a font called "Nasty" printed onto heavy cardstock with my Epson printer.

The first step is to die-cut Originals Ornate Frame and Ornate Frame Back. Next, gather up your different papers and recycled fabrics and start layering. I used a second frame back on the back of each piece to finish it off. The strips of fabric are used for the hanger and to create the tassel at the base.

Making the tassel is easy: cut the desired number of strips into the length you want them, then use a small strip to tie them up in the center. Glue those two end pieces down on the back side of the frame back. For the top hanging loop, use one strip folded in half and again glue to the back.

This is a great project for all ages because it's easy yet sophisticated and stylish. Who wouldn't appreciate getting a delightful hug and kiss message that can be enjoyed year-round?

Happy Valentine's Day, friends! I hope yours is filled with love and goodness ... oh, and chocolate too!

Brenda Pinnick

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...