Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tween School Picture Pocket Card

{May 6, 2010}

by Kim Roberto

Hi to all of my Sizzix Friends,

I am sure many of you moms can relate with me on this one. All of our relatives would like to have the latest school pictures of our kids, and I wanted to find a fun and creative way to send them to Grandma, Jo Papa and Auntie Debbie. So I decided to create this adorable pocket card that not only holds the school picture, but the design fits Jenny's personality as well. Since she is 11 years old, the tween style is totally her! Here is the front of the card:

I used Scrappy Cat patterned papers, Core'dinations cardstock, Sizzlits Butterfly Set by Scrappy Cat (item number 655949), gems from Darice and ribbon from Darice. I used my Big Shot to cut out two butterflies, one from purple cardstock and the second from green cardstock. I bent the wings on the purple butterfly and added pop dots behind it to add dimension. Here is a photo of the inside of the card:
I used the back side of the Scrappy Cat sprinkle paper for the background and rounded the corners of both the cardstock and the paper with a corner rounder. To create the base of the card, cut the cardstock so that the final size is 4" x 4". Tri-fold the card so that the top is slightly shorter than the bottom fold. Corner round the edges. Cut the Scrappy Cat patterned paper, allowing an 1/8" border, round the corners and adhere. To create the pocket, use brads to keep the fold closed. Here is the photo tag:

To create, cut squares of cardstock around the size of the photo, layer and adhere. Create a loop with the ribbon and adhere between the cardstock squares. Add brads on all four corners. To close the pocket card, fold the tri-fold, add the ribbon around the card, tie and add the layered butterfly embellishment. The use of color can make a project really stand out. Note how I chose colors in the papers that matched my daughter's outfit. Feel free to be inspired by my design and create some pocket cards of your own. Enjoy!

Kim

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...