Sunday, September 5, 2010

Time for Tea

{April 19, 2010}

by Eileen Hull



Here's a sneak peek at one of the new ScoreBoards dies about to be released, the 3-D Tea Cup. Directions to create it can be found on my blog along with the links to 19 other versions created by my amazing designer friends that are all participating in the ScoreBoards blog hop. You will see some really clever ideas that will make you want to run out and buy this die as soon as it hits the stores.

Brenda Pinnick, fellow Sizzix licensed artist and color guru, put together two palettes for us to use as a jumping off point as part of a color challenge for this project. Sometimes it's a good idea to step outside of our comfort zone and work with hues and combinations that we normally might not think of. I know that I tend to gravitate toward softer shades, and bright or strong colors tend to seem overpowering to me. But I am loving the sharp contrast between the red and white used in the tea cup project. Thanks, Brenda, for reminding me to change things up once in a while!

Sorry this is short, but I am just back from Aruba and not quite off "island time" yet!

From my (sandy) studio to yours,

Eileen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...