Sunday, September 5, 2010

Spring Colors

{April 9, 2010}


by Eileen Hull

Yes, I know Easter is over, but the M&M's were on clearance! Here's what I made using the flowers included on the soon-to-be released ScoreBoards Scallop Box Die. After cutting out a box or tote, I keep the mat board scraps for projects like this. I trim larger pieces off with my scissors and throw them in a bin near my Big Shot. When I need small flowers or letters, the scraps are right on hand.

I had some peat pots left after transplanting seedlings and thought they would make great little baskets. My favorite season is spring and the fresh colors associated with it also really appeal to me.


You will need:

  • Big Shot Machine
  • Box w/Scallop Flap & Flowers
  • Mat board
  • Peat pots (available in the gardening section of discount or home improvement stores)
  • Zip Dry Paper Glue Beacon Adhesives
  • Bling from Queen & Co
  • 16-gauge wire
  • Ribbon/rick-rack
  • Paint/brush



Instructions:

  1. Cut peat pot from group (mine came in a block of 6, all attached).
  2. Dry brush paint lightly over peat pot. I used aqua satin finish that I had out after painting my bathroom two weeks ago – still need to finish the trim!
  3. Die-cut small flowers from mat board in different colors (use scraps) and glue to base.
  4. Add rhinestones and pearls to flower centers.
  5. Punch two small holes in either side of basket and thread wire through. With round pliers, twirl ends into curly shape.
  6. Add ribbon and peanut M&M's.

I hope you can visit my blog this coming Wednesday for the next round of the Celebrations ScoreBoards blog hop. The Tea Cup Die will be featured, and you won't want to miss the amazing designs that the designers create. If you leave a comment on any of the participating designers' blogs, you are eligible to win a ScoreBoards Die!

The weather can't seem to decide what it wants to do here in VA ...

From my (not-quite-spring yet) studio to yours,

Eileen

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...