Sunday, September 5, 2010

Scrappy Cat Cupcake Toppers

{May 14, 2010}

by Kim Roberto

Hi to all of my Sizzix friends,

One of my favorite hobbies is to bake. There is nothing like the sweet smell of warm chocolate baking in the oven. Our kids and their friends always look forward to my cupcakes. The children in all of my kids' classes know Mrs. Roberto as the "cupcake queen." They gave me this nickname. It has been a tradition for me to bring in my homemade creations to their classrooms for birthday parties, holidays and special events. I also treat the teachers and staff as well. Since I bake so often, I decided I wanted my cupcakes to look as wonderful as they taste, so I created these toppers using just a few Sizzix dies and some basic supplies. The results were true eye candy. This is a photo of one of my latest cupcake trees that I brought to my son's third-grade class.


Instructions to create cupcake toppers:

Toppers #1 & #2


  1. To create the doily-shaped topper, use the Bigz Decorative Doily Die by Scrappy Cat. Cut out two shapes from Darice brand glitter foamie paper and two shapes from metallic silver paper.
  2. Next, cut out a circle of hot pink cardstock that will fit between the doily shapes.
  3. Layer the hot pink cardstock between the two glitter foamie shapes and follow the same step for the metallic doily.
  4. Add Darice-brand birthstone rhinestones around the designs to add bling and dimension.
  5. Add ribbon.
  6. Between the two layers of doilies, add a toothpick and adhere.


Topper #3


  1. Using the Sizzlits Decorative Strip Lace Heart w/Flourishes Die by Scrappy Cat, cut out heart shapes from black cardstock.
  2. We will only be using the inside hearts for this topper. Use two hearts, add a toothpick between the shapes and adhere together.
  3. Add Darice-brand clear rhinestones around the heart to add bling.


Topper #4


  1. Use the Sizzlits Stacking Lace Heart Set by Scrappy Cat. Cut out various heart shapes from metallic paper and pink cardstock.
  2. Use Textured Impressions Swirly Vines w/Hearts Embossing Folder by Scrappy Cat and emboss the metallic silver heart with the heart vine design.
  3. Add the pink cardstock hearts inside the metallic heart.
  4. Between the layers, adhere a toothpick.
  5. Embellish using ribbon and rhinestones.


Topper #5



  1. Using Darice-brand glitter foamie paper, cut out two swirl hearts with the Sizzlits Decorative Strip Kids & Teens Mania Die by Scrappy Cat.
  2. Add toothpick between the two layers and adhere.
  3. Embellish with rhinestones.


Topper #6


  1. Using Sizzlits Stacking Lace Heart Set by Scrappy Cat, cut out multiple pairs of hearts with various shades of cardstock. You will be using the inside heart shape only.
  2. Using the Clear Stamps Playful Serif Alphabet by Scrappy Cat, stamp words of your choice onto the hearts.
  3. Adhere the toothpicks between the two heart shapes.

I hope you enjoy these adorable cupcake toppers as much as my son and his classmates did.

Hugs,

Kim

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...