Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quick and Easy Summer Scrapbook Page

{June 16, 2010}

by Kim Roberto

Hi to all of my Sizzix friends,

Summertime is here, and that means all three of my kids are home from school and we are running from sport to sport, music lessons, art classes, picnics, vacations – it is nonstop fun. As much as I enjoy all of our activities, I find that I usually put my scrapbooking aside for a couple months because our schedule is so hectic. Then the other day, when we were all at the pool, I thought about my albums and reminded myself that sometimes a simple page is okay. I have to give myself permission to create pages that do not require a lot of time. With all of the fun tools I own, often it is easy to forget that the photo is the main focus of the page. So today, I want to inspire all of you moms, grandmas, care-givers and friends alike to allow yourself the challenge to continue your pages this summer and allow yourself the freedom to create simple pages. This is a page I created that you are more than welcome to scraplift from me. I would love for you to be inspired by it. Please feel free to send me your page; I would love to see what you can come up with. You can send me your layouts at scrappycat3@aol.com.




Here are the materials you will need:

  • Sizzix Flower dies by Scrappy Cat
  • Chipboard or thick cardstock
  • Various colors of 8" x 8" cardstock by Scrappy Cat or what you have on hand
  • Hibiscus clear stamp set by Scrappy Cat
  • Orange fizz ink pad by Scrappy Cat
  • Glitter glue by Darice
  • Brads by Darice

Instructions:

  1. Using your Sizzix machine, cut out three flowers from your favorite flower dies. I used chipboard.
  2. Next, paint your chipboard two different shades of blue and let dry.
  3. Apply glitter glue to add dimension to the flower petals.
  4. Scraplift my layout.
  5. Print out a 5" x 7" photo and mount on a blue background.
  6. Stamp the hibiscus flower with the orange ink and add glitter glue to the center of the flowers.
  7. Add glitter glue to the borders of the blue strips of paper.

Enjoy

Kim

(I was bad, I should have added journaling to this page. Instead, I am just going to add the date on the bottom of the page :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...