Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

{January 3, 2010 }


by Eileen Hull

Hope you all had a great holiday season and are well rested. The beginning of January is a good time to review your activities in the past year and consider what you would like to change in 2010. I have noticed that increased time on the computer results in increased pants size! My goal is to spend 20 minutes MOVING, whether it's washing the floor, walking to the store or 20 trips up and down the stairs each day.

This gave me an idea for the Sizzix memo holder. Every Sunday night I will take a minute to jot down a 20-minute activity for each day of the following week on a sticky note and post it on our big calendar to keep me on track. A project like this requires an eye-catching color – what's better than red to get your attention? I found this cool embossed felt in Hobby Lobby – perfect material for the job!

You will need:

1. Cover one side of mat board and wrong side of felt with spray adhesive. Place felt right side up on mat board and position on die with right side facing the blade. Roll through the Big Shot.

2. Stamp design on inside of memo holder in coordinating colors, matching design at folds, if necessary. Ink edges.

3. Open folder and mark where you would like elastic. Staple elastic to inside of folder.

4. Loop ribbon through handles and tie knot.

5. Add sticky notes (I usually use double-sided tape to make sure that the pad is secured to the back).

6. Embellish with scrap mat board and die-cut flower that comes with memo holder.

On Wednesday, January 6 at 11 AM, our seventh Sizzix ScoreBoards Blog Hop will go live. I invite you all to join me for more exciting and innovative ways to use the ScoreBoards dies. My designer friends have been hard at work creating their versions of the Memo Holder.

Happy crafting in 2010, my friends ...

From my studio to yours,

Eileen

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...