Thursday, September 9, 2010

National Stationery Show

{May 23, 2010)

by Eileen Hull


How many of you out there love paper? Thought so... me too! Well, I think you really would have liked the Stationery Show in New York City last week. I was there for three whole days and still never got to see every booth. One end of the show seemed to be where the new vendors were. Along the back wall were service providers. I talked to a woman whose company custom-made magnesium dies for letterpress machines. She said that they had an amazing 2009 due to the great popularity that letterpress has these days.



There seemed to be an upbeat mood on the floor and a good crowd. This just goes to show that people will always hold parties, so the need for invitations, cards, party-ware and favors is a constant. I saw a lot of eco products, eco packaging, seeded papers and some clever use of recycled materials in construction of the booths. One company called "Dented Can" actually used soup cans to display their cards.

The Sizzix Textured Boutique machine won an award for Best Innovation, and it sat proudly on the shelf in the booth. It seemed that many of the people who were interested in Sizzix products owned small businesses that produced invitations and favors. They were excited that the machines and dies would help them cut faster and more accurately. I am happy to say that the ScoreBoards dies were well received, and there lots of "oohs" and "ahs" when they were demonstrated. The editor of Brides magazine came through, asked questions and took photos. Overall, it was a great time and lots of fun to connect directly with the customer and hear what they are looking for. I can't wait to go back next year!

Please join me on my blog this coming Wednesday for our final segment of the blog hop. The die we'll be working with is the Create-A-Bow. I think you will be surprised to see how many ways this bow can be configured! Please leave a comment on any of the participating designers' blogs, and you will be eligible to win a die.

I'll be a guest on cool2craft, a live web TV show, on Monday, June 7, to announce the winner of this next hop and show some of the amazing designs that have really stood out throughout all five hops.

On a personal note, I am happy to share with you that our family will be gaining a new son. No, I am not expecting a baby! Our daughter Jessica is engaged. Don't be surprised to see some wedding projects popping up here and there :-)

From my (home sweet home) studio,

Eileen
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...