Sunday, September 5, 2010

Maureen's Purse Organizer

{April 26, 2010}

by Eileen Hull

It's coming up on Mother's Day, and I am always stuck on what to give my mom. She is a very special person, and I am blessed to have her in my life. She is mom/stepmom to 12 children, 20 grandchildren and two great-granddaughters! Mom and Vince try to attend as many of the family activities as they can, and there is ALWAYS something going on at their place. My mother's normal routine is to get up very early and have her coffee while writing out her "to-do" list for the day. I thought this little purse organizer might be handy to bring for her lists, coupons and receipts when she's on the road.

The purse is made with the Checkbook Cover die. I added accordion-fold sides to keep items tucked inside.

You will need:

Instructions:

  1. Using spray adhesive, adhere fabric to wrong side of two pieces of mat board. If you are using colored mat board, this will show on the inside. If it's white, you can further decorate by adding stamps, paint or paper.
  2. Cut out checkbook binding and two covers on Big Shot. Assemble with brads.
  3. Punch holes for ribbon purse handles on front and back. Fold up ribbon and punch a hole in center of folded piece. Adhere ribbon pieces with brad to front of purse on front and back.
  4. Punch two small holes in desired button location. Sew large button to front of purse with embroidery floss.
  5. Punch a small hole in center of back cover about 1/2" down from top and insert hairband. Knot in back and bring to front. Slip over button on front for closure.
  6. Accordion fold a strip of paper 2 1/4" x 10" in 1/2" segments. Using strong double-sided tape, adhere to front and back covers.
  7. Add flourish die-cut and fabric flower to front.
  8. Customize by adding small items to purse: card, small notepad, pen, gift card, tissues, etc. I also added a "momogram" to my design :-)

My third new ScoreBoards die, the Rectangular Box, will be be featured on the ScoreBoards blog hop this Wednesday, April 28, so please stop by my blog to see what the fabulous designers have come up with. If you leave a comment on any of the participating designers' blogs, you will be eligible to win a ScoreBoards die. The Celebrations dies are coming soon, and I know you will love seeing so many great ideas for using them!

Also, I hope you can tune in to Cool2Craft on Monday, May 3, at noon EST. Cool2Craft is hosted by Tiffany Windsor, daughter of Aleene Jackson, the Tacky Glue lady. This is an interactive live web TV show where I will be appearing with a segment about the blog hop and other projects. There is a live chat going on during the show where you can post comments and ask questions, so if there's anything you want to know about ScoreBoards dies, please stop by and ask me! Tiffany also has other inspiring guests who share their passion for crafting and great new design ideas and techniques. Brenda Pinnick will also be on next week to talk about her favorite topic – color!

I hope you all have creative weeks. I am working on my next ScoreBoards collection and can't wait for you all to see them!

From my (still chilly) studio to yours,

Eileen

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...