Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gift Card Sparkle

{June 22, 2010}

by Eileen Hull

At this time of year, gift cards are going out like hotcakes at our house. There are high school and college graduations, bridal showers, weddings and engagement parties. I have been to six parties in the last month! Good thing I have my ScoreBoards Business Card Box die on hand, because they are also the perfect size to hold a gift card. I make several boxes at a time to make sure I have a good supply on hand. I also keep a few Target gift cards standing by for unexpected occasions. This little purse really makes a gift card special. I covered the box with a dictionary page for a fun vintage feel and added some glitz!


You will need:


Instructions:

  1. Cover mat board with dictionary page using spray adhesive to adhere.
  2. Die-cut Business Card Box from mat board, keeping design lined up so the text will be right side up when the box is opened (I did it wrong first!). The page faces the die. Randomly swirl ink over box.
  3. Make flower from tissue and glitter heart (check my blog later this week for instructions).
  4. Stamp green leaves in corner of box and outline with back pen. Adhere flower to box.
  5. Add magnet closures to box.
  6. Add pipe cleaner handles to box.
  7. Mask everything but the flap with scrap paper and spray flap with adhesive. Sprinkle on crystal glitter. Add silver glitter heart.
  8. Adhere box together with strong adhesive.
  9. Add gift card and present to the lucky recipient!

This box was a lot of fun to make and probably would be even more fun to get! It could always be passed on to another person or used for business cards.

I am busy getting ready for CHA. I'll be demoing the ScoreBoards Scalloped Box (which was designed to hold your show badge, business cards, a small pencil and a few dollars for lunch!) at the Craft Studio on Tuesday, July 27 from 11 to 11:30 AM. Please stop by – I would love to meet you and make you one!

From my (sparkly) studio to yours,

Eileen

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...