Thursday, September 9, 2010

Embellished Jeans

{May 25, 2010}

by Kim Roberto

Hi to all of my Sizzix friends,

Guess what? I bet the majority of us would love to have designer clothes at bargain prices right? Who wouldn't. I have to admit, I used to be kind of bad. I would spend up to $150 for one pair of highly embellished jeans for trade shows and for nights out on the town. Just ask Julianna – she can tell you all about my glitter jeans and denim jackets. When we were on Shop at Home together, I would wear my fun clothes, and Julianna used to get a big kick out of them. I have become more wise with my money since then, and from now on, if I want an embellished denim jacket or jeans, I am going to make them myself.

For those of you who have been following Scrappy Cat over the years, you know that our daughter Jenny has a very strong sense of fashion and design. She always wants to wear clothes that match and that are full of bling and excitement. Gee, I wonder where she got that from? Probably me!!!

I am going to give you an idea that you can copy and or use as inspiration to create your own look. Take a look at these embellished jeans.

Jenny is wearing a pair of jeans that I bought on sale for $7, and I used Sizzix Scrappy Cat dies and some tools from Darice to create these highly embellished designs on the pant leg.

Instructions to create embellished jeans:

Materials needed:

  • An assortment of your favorite fabrics, preferably cotton (scraps work great)
  • Fusible web
  • Darice rhinestone setter with various stones
  • Darice embellishment setter with various stones
  • Sizzix dies designed by Scrappy Cat:
    1. Bigz Die – Flower, Build a Flower #2
    2. Bigz Die – Flower, Build a Flower #4
    3. Bigz Die – Flower, Flourish
    4. Originals Die – Flower, Elegant Bloom
    5. Sizzlits Dies – Butterfly Set

Instructions:

  1. First, iron your fabric to ensure it is nice and smooth. Next, add fusible web onto the back of the fabrics.
  2. Run the fabric/fused pieces through your Big Shot shot with the dies listed above.
  3. Use the Darice brand rhinestone setter and the Darice brand embellishment setter to add bling to each of the designs.

There are so many design options, and you can create one-of-a-kind embellished jeans at a fraction of the cost of designer brands.


Enjoy

Kim, Scrappy Cat

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...