Cute aprons are one of my favorite accessories. Whether I'm wearing one at a dinner party or I've got it hanging as a decoration, they're just so fun. Having a Sizzix machine makes creating your own perfect apron a super quick and easy project. An apron embellishing party can be fun for kids, too, and can be customized to a theme, depending on which dies you are using. It's also a great way to reuse small scraps of fabric!
- Sizzix machine
- Plain apron
- Fabric scraps
- Fabri-Tac glue
- Needle and thread
- Buttons and embellishments
- Lay the apron down and imagine how you would like it to look overall.
- Die cut fabric and arrange on your apron until you’ve it just right.
- Glue down your die-cut shapes with Fabri-Tac so they stay put.
- Using a needle and thread or a sewing machine, sew down the edges of your shapes to make sure they're secure.
- Glue or sew on buttons, pom-poms, ric-rac or any other embellishments to make the perfect apron.
For my apron, I used Sizzix Bigz Die – Flowers & Leaf.