Saturday, September 11, 2010

Decorating Tricks

{August 31, 2010}

by Beth Reames

These new dies make decorating for Halloween so easy, it's scary.
Trick: For a great "glittery" result, apply a sheet of adhesive to the front of your colored cardstock before cutting. After die-cutting, peel away the backing and sprinkle a generous amount of glitter onto your shape. Also, I have found that some glitter is more transparent than others, so I like to match my paper to the color of glitter for the best effect.
Trick: A mat board frame is the perfect base for a spooky little sign. I covered my mat board with patterned paper before cutting. After adding my glittered embellishments, I attached a short length of beaded chain as a hanger and added a piece of chandelier glass at the bottom.

This artificial pumpkin had definitely seen better days …

Trick: A coat of orange paint and orange glitter created a great base for this decorated pumpkin. I painted from the bottom up and poured glitter over the top while the paint was still wet. The Candy Corn was glittered using the same adhesive technique as before, but this time I used white chunk glitter on colored paper.


I found this frame at a local discount store. It was gold and silver.

Trick: A coat of flat black paint gave it an oh-so-creepy look. The Scary Tree is a simple black silhouette and if you look real close, you can see the Ghost that is cut out of plastic. The numbers are from the eclips Sassy Serif cartridge.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...