Saturday, September 11, 2010

Create Your Own Stationery

{June 30, 2010}

by Kim Roberto

Hi to all of my Sizzix friends,

Within the past month, my grandmother has been moved into an assisted living facility. We brought her back from Florida to live near our family so that we can see her more often and also make sure she is cared for. Grandpa passed away last year, and she needs to be around all of us – and we need to be with her too. So, through the process of Grandma sorting through years of belongings, she gave me her electric mixer with the bowls, the ones that beat and mix ingredients for you. I have been wanting one for many years but just didn't get around to buying one, so this was a real treat for me. I love to bake. In the past week, I have used it twice, and it sure cuts down on the time it takes for me to mix the ingredients to bake cakes and make cookies. As a thank you, I wanted to send my grandma a letter in the mail, and I wanted the letter to be beautiful. Back in the 1940s, friends and family communicated through a letter on beautiful stationery. So I decided to create my own stationery to send my grandma a thank you note for the generous gift.



Maybe this summer you, too, can create a set of stationery for yourself to send to your friends and family instead of an email or a phone call. It is fun to make, and people really enjoy receiving something beautiful and handmade in the mail. I hope that my idea is a source of inspiration for you.

Materials needed to create your own stationery:

  • Bigz XL – Card, Floral Flourish by Scrappy Cat
  • Darice brand rhinestones
  • Pearl cardstock by Coredinations
  • Adhesive

Instructions to create the project:

  1. Cut out two cards using the die listed above.
  2. Cut off the bottom portion of the card and line up the two pieces so that they match and adhere in the back.
  3. Add rhinestones to the centers of the flowers.
  4. Write your letter on your new stationery.

Enjoy

Kim

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea and I have this die. Now I'm going to try this on my Sizzix

    Great idea.
    pat

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...